Creating endless career possibilities and strengthening communities all over the country.
The hotel and lodging industry is vibrant, innovative and full of dynamic opportunities for upward mobility while serving and supporting our most important assets: our people. In every single congressional district in the United States there is a hotel, supporting and reinvesting in communities around the country while creating jobs and boosting local economies.
From major global brands to the small inns and bed & breakfasts, AHLA provides a singular voice that brings together the industry’s multitude of constituents. Our industry is incredibly diverse and represents everyone from brand CEO's to independent hotel owners, general managers and hotel staff and is an integral contributor to the American economy.
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
- 54,200+ PROPERTIES NATIONWIDE
- 188,000 NEW HOTEL JOBS
- 300,000 FEDERALLY SUPPORTED JOBS
- 5,000,000 GUESTS EACH DAY
- 8,000,000 AMERICAN JOBS
- $1,100,000,000,000 U.S. SALES (hotel revenue, guest spending and taxes)
- 61% OF HOTELS ARE SMALL BUSINESSES
For more than 100 years, the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) has been the foremost representative of and advocate for the U.S. lodging industry. We are the only national association that represents all segments of an industry that is among the 10 largest business sectors in America. We advocate for our members so they can do their best at what matters most: serving guests, employees and their communities.
- Investing in America's Communities
- Serving America's Travelers
- Powering America's Economy
- Dreams Happen Here awarness campaign